Returning to Golden Hour


When I first started photography, I was obsessed with golden hour. I still am really, but my style of photography has gradually changed and my concepts are best taken after the sun has set. In saying that, I am still as much in love with golden hour as I was four years ago when I had found my passion for photography. 

As you all know, I'm currently in the middle of a 52 Weeks Project which involves me taking one picture every week for an entire year. I've been having such a fun time with this project. It truly has brought out my creative side and has pushed myself just enough not to feel over pressured. Lately, I've been a little hard on myself. I've been telling myself that my photographs haven't been as good as they could be. There is that little bit of pressure in my head telling me "you need to top last week's photo". As much as I want to say that's not what this project is about, it is a little bit. But, it's not the main focus. I started it to document my last year as a teenager, which is a big deal for me. I don't really want to leave this decade behind. I'm getting a little off track. I went on two shoots this week. The first not working out so well but. On both occasions I had fun just spending time with my family and witnessing the beauty around me as the light disappeared. 

First shoot:


Second shoot:

 

This week's photo:

 

Props I brought along.

Even though I enjoy self portraiture. I'm always looking for fresh, new faces. You don't have to be a model, just someone living in Sydney. If you're interested feel free to email me ~ alexbenetel@gmail.com

8 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful series, love the lighting in the second shoot so much! Perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks for your comment! The light was indeed very beautiful, ah <3

      Delete
  2. your faaace <3 You look gorgeous with this lipstick by the way! And the light is incredibly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah, I love your style! It's so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. golden hour or not the light in all your pictures is so perfect:) you are so talented! i wish i lived in sydney and could pose for you, haha:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so talented, seriously. I love the feel of your photos. Did someone actually throw the books on this week's picture? The idea and result is really cool and creative.

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Archive

About

Follow on Bloglovin